Ethero Ltd: Modern Slavery Statement
1. Ethero Ltd is committed to eliminating modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and similar human rights abuses. We operate a zero tolerance approach to these issues.
2. Ethero Ltd is committed to ensuring that its staff and any workers it supplies (directly or indirectly) are not subject to behaviour or threats that may amount to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, human rights abuses and these are not taking place anywhere within our company or supply chain.
3. Ethero Ltd provides appropriate training , re-training & awareness information for all staff dealing with the supply of labour to clients:
– Our senior management team receive detailed training in identifying and resolving concerns around modern slavery and human trafficking.
– Procedures are in place to support internal employees in identifying potential hidden labour exploitation.
– All of our staff receive awareness-raising information around issues involving modern slavery and human trafficking, so that they can bring any concerns they have to the attention of management.
4. Any staff, workers or other parties are strongly encouraged to report any concerns or suspicions that they might have to senior management, branch managers or our compliance team.
5. Our Managing Director and senior management team take reports surrounding any of these issues extremely seriously and are committed to ensuring that any investigations shall be prompt and effective. If our investigations reveal any issues, Ethero Ltd is committed to taking appropriate action, including but not limited to:
– Working with the appropriate organisations to improve standards,
– Removing an organisation from our preferred supplier list,
– Passing details to appropriate law enforcement bodies.
We regularly monitor our risks in this area including:
– The list of suppliers who provide their own modern slavery statements,
– The effectiveness of enforcement against suppliers who breach policies,
– The time spent on audits, re-audits and related due diligence, and
– The level of modern slavery training and awareness amongst our staff.
6. As part of our efforts in this area, our senior management team will review periodically our anti-slavery and human trafficking policy as an integral part of our ISO9001 certified Management Review process.
Policies and procedures are developed and reviewed regularly by the Compliance Department alongside the relevant subject matter expert, and signed off by the MD.
Collaborative processes are developed and implemented alongside our clients where possible to strengthen our ability to identify and prevent potential cases of modern slavery.
7. We would also recommend reading this in conjunction with our other policies, including our:
– Corporate social responsibility policy,
– Anti-bribery / corruption policy, and
– Whistle-blowing policy.
This policy was adopted by Ethero Ltd, in June 2017 and updated in June 2019.
Senior management formerly review this policy on an annual basis.
This statement was approved by Managing Director: Gareth Hughes
Gareth Hughes, Managing Director