Skilled Machine Operator - Extrusion Operator
Pays rate between £11.03-£12.20
An established manufacturing business in Telford are currently seeking a machine operator to assist with the daily operation within the production environment. Reporting to the production section leader you will ensure deadlines are met on time and play a vital role within the production function.
Day shift 8am-8pm working 3 on 3 off
Overtime is paid at premium rates.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Use safe working practices at all times.
• Check initial accuracy and quality of product and remedy any deviation from specification prior to start of job run.
• Set up/re-install production line from extruder through to finished product in the event of a job change or breakdown.
• Monitor and maintain efficient running of extruder during job run.
• Identify all line equipment faults and rectify or report as appropriate.
• Make regular quality checks on product against customer specification.
• Obtain all relevant information from production documentation and specification sheets.
• Record of all QA data as required.
• Monitor quality of product during job run and maintain required standards.
• Monitor job progress and ensure production quantity targets are met with minimum waste.
• Communicate clearly within scope of responsibility to relevant personnel, e.g. Section Leader the nature of all production related problems.
• Oversee the work of Packer/Operators within the production unit.
• Working as a team with Packer/Operators within the production unit
• Handover all relevant information to the next shift
• Maintain a tidy working environment at all times.
• Change work location within units as requested to maintain continuity of production and provide cover for breaks/emergencies etc.
• Assist with the training of new staff as requested.
• Carry out any other duties as requested.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of the setting up and running of blown film production lines
- Ability to read and understand production plans and specification sheets
- Understand and perform required QA Checks
- Experience of operating a machine within a manufacturing environment and maintain quality standards
Located in Telford this role is commutable from Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Bridgnorth and surrounding areas.
For more information and to apply for this role call Constantin on 01952260627 or apply online. If you have not received feedback in 14 days, please deem your application as unsuccessful.