Senior Technical Estimator
We are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Estimator who has worked in the fabrication industrial sector. To be successful in this position, you must have worked in an engineering environment with hands-on experience using CAD software preferably AutoCAD and solid works, with strong attention to detail. It's also important that you have project management skills to meet the daily demands of the role.
This company is a Tier 1 supplier to the defence, marine, nuclear and space programmes, supplying globally to all the major OEMs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate estimates in accordance to RFQ requirements
• Take the lead role on managing the estimating process from receipt to submission
• Able to understand customer technical requirements and capture issues, concerns and risks and offer technical feedback and cost saving opportunities.
• Must be able to retrieve relevant technical information from customer models and drawings
• Must be comfortable on making recommendations to customer technical design engineers when required
• Must be able to manage multiple enquiries and ensure bids are submitted to the designated deadlines
• KPI achievement for the estimating department
• Maintain accurate records
• Generation and submitting detailed bid proposals to management team for formal sign-off
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• The post holder will need an HND in Mechanical Engineering, or an equivalent qualification or substantial work experience.
• Proven experience of working in within a Fabrication, Machining and Assembly environment
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
• Strong Technical and Commercial knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Knowledge of all support functions is necessary to ensure detailed bid proposals.
• Additional hours will be as and where required on an ongoing basis in order that pre-set tasks are completed and issues are resolved in timely manner.
• Ability to react to unpredictable situations.
• Ability to deal with complex problems at short notice and resolve issues with the operational team.
• The post holder is required to exercise considerable judgement over when to involve the site General Manager.
To apply for this exciting position please call Magda Kipczak 07917 328943 or apply on line. If you have not received feedback in 14 days please deem your application as unsuccessful