Production operatives (machine ops) Permanent opportunity
Salary £19,858.80. Once fully trained to include UKAS training the salary will increase to £22,230.00
Hours of Work - Rotating:
Monday - Thursday 06:00 - 14:30
Friday 06:00 - 12:00
Monday - Thursday 14:25 - 22:55
Friday 11:55 - 17:55
The post holder is required to:
- Be able to start up and shut down DN lines in accordance with standard operating procedures and safety instructions and carry out emergency shutdown.
- Understand how to load the glass hopper and ensure the glass tubing is clean and fault free before the manufacturing process begins.
- Be able to read engineering drawings and relate these to the product being manufactured.
- Undertake routine and more advanced maintenance tasks such as oiling working parts, cleaning belts, repairing / changing Rotation belts, cleaning mandrels and changing / cleaning defective parts during the shift to ensure the good running of the line.
- Run 3 machines as part of a 2 man team with support of the setters.
- Participate in effectively training & instructing new double necker operators to run a machine.
- Be able to repair/replace any broken or worn out machine parts and where necessary, re-set the relevant parts.
- Be fully proficient in the use of gauges, and shadowgraph test equipment specific to glass manufacturing at SciLabware and carry out regular checks as described in the log sheet.
- Report any defects found on the glass to the packing team and to the senior/trainee setter.
- Investigate all quality issues and-where appropriate-take remedial action. When the problem is outside of the knowledge or skills level, report to the setter/supervisor.
- Follow Health & Safety standards at all times and report any issues immediately.
Commutable from Stoke, Fenton, Meir, Newcastle, Hanley, Longton, Trentham, Burslem, Tunstall and surrounding areas
If you are interested in the above position please call Ethero on 01782 367818